The tradition of natural burials dates back to ancient times. Within the United States – most of the Native American Indian Tribes still practice natural burials today in the final stage of celebrating and committing back to nature – a life lived and loved. An adaptation of natural burial was practiced by many Native American societies in the Upper Midwest – in which the dead were placed in lavishly furnished tombs.
Over the past ten years – the term “Green Burial” has become an adaptation of natural burial. Just as there are many shades of “Green” among the eco-conscious throughout our society – so too are there many shades of “Green Burials”. As a full service funeral home – our professional associates will listen to what you want to do – advise you on variations available to celebrate the life lived – then handle all the necessary final arrangements & secure legal authorizations. Our professionally licensed embalming technicians are trained to prepare a human body with non-formaldehyde based solutions for those that prefer to view their loved one privately or with their relatives and friends in attendance.
There are many alternatives to the final arrangement choices – here are the most popular:
- Celebration of Life with a private or public viewing & visitation or gathering time with a green burial to follow
- Graveside Life Celebration at the green burial site – either privately or with relatives and friends in attendance – followed by a gathering and memorial reception
- One Last Party™ to Celebrate the Life of the deceased with private burial before or after
- Any other desired variations including green entombment in a ground mausoleum – more commonly known as a lawn crypt
To compliment the Celebration of Life and final arrangements your variations include:
- Green burial caskets
- Burial shrouds & blankets
- Permanent memorial stones and markers suitable for green burial sites
- Personalized home mementos
- A Celebration of Life Tribute video
- Celebration of Life Tribute candles
- Basic or Photo Tribute service folders and memorial guest book
- Basic or Family Signature Thank You cards
- Thumbie Fingerprint Keepsakes
- Catering services for the gathering and/or memorial reception
To Learn More:
You may contact us by phone or email and one of our professional associates will help guide you through the entire process. We assure you that any green services provided by our funeral home will be in accordance with your desire to be earth-friendly and environmentally conscious.